DIDYMOS Prima Aurora Woven Wrap (Organic Cotton)
A classic Didymos pattern with a graduation of four colours in the weft!
|Fabric Blend:||100% Organic Cotton|
|Fabric Weight:||230 g/m²|
|Colours:||Natural, Petrol, Turquoise, Pink|
DIDYMOS Prima Aurora Woven Wrap!
A Timeless Classic!
The Prima weave is a complex jacquard weave that features fine and graphic patterns. The pattern is the same on both fabric sides but with the colours reversed. The Prima has been a classic design since Didymos was first founded in 1972 and continues to be one of the most popular patterns today! The pattern has been produced in a vast array of colour combinations, weights and fibre blends over the years. There is something for everyone’s tastes in this timeless pattern that is one of the trademarks of modern babywearing.
Didymos gives homage to the classic Prima patterns that have been a staple to the Prima collection for decades by offering a Prima Regular Line collection where the design options are always available. The designs that are included are colour combinations in 100% GOTS certified organic cotton including Ultramarine, Ruby Red, Emerald, Natural, Sun Yellow, Ruby Mandarin and Blue & White. More recent limited edition releases such as the Prima Aurora and the Prima Sole Occidente are also now included in the regular line!
The DIDYMOS Prima Aurora is a classic pattern combined with a beautiful, soft and delicate gradation of colours from neutral to petrol, turquoise and pink. No high contrast....just a subtle, peaceful and beautiful gradation of blues and pinks with an organic natural backdrop to this artistic palette. Prima Aurora has been an instant hit since it was released in 2014. Due to the wonderful popularity of this design, DIDYMOS has made the Prima Aurora part of it's regular line. Therefore, this particular design is re-woven on a continuous basis.
Considered to be a medium weight fabric, the Prima Aurora is a fabric that is appealing and suitable for both beginners and babywearing novices. The Prima Aurora is soft as all Prima fabrics become but because of the natural undyed warp, this particular model becomes exceptionally soft and fluffy. It also has a slightly grippy texture that is ideal to hold knots, passes and panels firmly in place. The fabric is suitable to carry babies of all ages and stages, for wearers of all shapes and sizes.
The cotton is GOTS certified and dyed with non toxic dyes, it is absolutely free from any harmful substances. The Prima Aurora is an ideal all-rounder at home or when you are out shopping or on long walks with the family!
So why choose a Prima pattern?
- Prima patterned wraps, slings and soft carriers are a great DIDYMOS classics that are versatile for any situation. They are completely adjustable for all ages and stages from newborns to preschoolers and beyond!
- At an approximate weight of 220 g/m², the regular collection is considered a lightweight fabric which makes it a perfect weight for first learning babywearing as the fabric is supportive yet not bulky which makes learning to wear even easier! It is also a perfect weight for beginner to novice as it has a slightly grippy texture that is ideal for holding knots, passes and panels firmly in place yet the fabric glides smoothly for easy adjusting.
- The cotton is GOTS certified and dyed with non toxic dyes, it is absolutely free from any harmful substances.
- The fabrics are particularly soft and fluffy to the touch and have a very good diagonal stretch that provides incredible moldability when wearing.
- The nature of the weave is a more open weave which allows for optimal air flow circulation and breathability without compromising strength and durability.
- The Prima Regular Collection is an ideal all-rounder at home or when you are out shopping or on long walks with the family!
What makes Didymos special?
- The fabric is purposefully woven on special jacquard looms for the sole purpose of babywearing.
- The fabric is woven with a diagonal stretch that creates an elasticity in the fabric allowing for the fabric to easily mold to the wearer and baby with optimal comfort and support.
- The fabric carriers are a custom fit to every person regardless of shape or size.
- Quality from raw fibre to finished product.
- Hand picked fibres with no exfoliation or harsh chemicals during harvesting which means a purer fibre.
- Organic long fibre cotton which is more sturdy cotton fibre. Organic plant fibres (hemp, linen) and ethically sourced animal fibres (silk, wool, cashmere).
- Manufactured in Germany to ensure high QC levels and not outsourced to be mass produced in low wage countries.
- Dyes are as pure as possible with no heavy metals or halogens while retaining its colour fastness.
- Manufactured to the ASTM North American standards, European standards and meets the highest rating of the OKO-TEST European testing standards.
- All weaving is overseen by master weavers.
The Prima Aurora is available as a Woven Wrap DidySling, DidyKlick, DidyGo and as a beautiful scarf! Custom sizes are also available.
DIDYMOS Woven Baby Wraps include illustrated, easy-to-follow instructions for various ways of tying and carrying.
For Newborn to Preschool, and beyond.
Very versatile with UNLIMITED tying possibilities.
FRONT | HIP | BACK carries, with one or two-shoulder variations.
Facilitates skin to skin contact (Kangaroo Care).
Custom fit EACH TIME!
Fully adjustable. Great for sharing - one carrier does it all!
Ergonomic. Supports anatomically correct positioning for baby.
Distributes weight over both shoulders - ideal for people with back and shoulder problems.
Suited for casual AND longer wearing periods of time.
Beautiful designs and colours, all woven from organic fibres.
Tested to EU and North American ASTM standards.
Are you ready to get started with a woven wrap?
Check out our other amazing articles that are sure to help in getting started with a DIDYMOS woven wrap.
DIDYMOS Woven Wraps are...
Purposefully woven on special looms for the sole purpose of babywearing.
Are made from organic cotton (and other plant materials such as linen and hemp) and/or ethically-sourced animal fibres.
Woven with a diagonal stretch that creates an elasticity in the fabric allowing for the fabric to easily mould to the wearer and baby providing optimal comfort and support.
Thought to be the most versatile babywearing option in terms of baby carriers since one size will fit all stages of baby development, and many tying variations are available.
DIDYMOS woven wraps offer a custom fit for every person regardless of their shape and size. They can be used right from the newborn baby stage all the way up to preschool age. In fact, they are tested to 310 Kg so your baby cannot outgrow your wrap!
There are a vast number of carries one can tie with a woven wrap, including front carries, hip carries AND back carries, with one-shoulder and two-shoulder options. There is something for everyone!
Most two-shoulder carries allow the weight of the child to be distributed evenly from shoulders to hips and one is able to wear even heavy children for long periods of time COMFORTABLY!
- Fabric Blend
- 100% Organic Cotton
- Fabric Weight
- 230 g/m²
- Natural, Petrol, Turquoise, Pink
- Fabric Weight Class
- 180-220 g/m² (Lightweight)
- DIDYMOS Colours
- The Prettiest of Pinks
- Secondary Colour
- Care Instructions
- Untreated cotton will shrink slightly during the first wash. DIDYMOS wraps are cut a few centimetres longer than advertised to guarantee the right length after washing. Wash at temperatures of up to 60°C/140°F (medium to hot), on a low spin cycle.
- Style of Carrier
- Woven Wrap
- Year of Release
- Month of Release
- Country of Origin
No reviews at this time.
You Might Also Like...