Mamalila Short Coat for Babywearing
The mamalila short coat for babywearing is a coat for all seasons. The light, weatherproof impregnated outer coat is complimented by a warm quilted lining which can be buttoned in as required. It is also a sustainably oriented product that combines skin and environmentally friendly materials with a timeless design.
Functions and Features
The Mamalila short coat for babywearing was designed as a coat for all seasons. The light, weather resilient, impregnated outer coat is supplemented by a cozy quilted lining, which can be buttoned in as required and ensures warmth on colder days. Alongside the all year perspective, the new babywearing coat meets the requirements of a product which is consistently based on sustainability, fitting to the mamalila philosophy.
- breathable, wind and water repellent with 7,000 mm water column
- suitable as maternity wear, thanks to accompanying insert easily converts to a babywearing coat and yet still perfect for the office
- super comfortable, very warm and yet surprisingly light
- innovative, sustainable mix of material: organic cotton, recycled polyester plus environmentally friendly membrane and coating
- versatile coat made for all seasons and for all weather conditions
- babywearing insert comes with hood and adjustable neck protection as well as detachable lining so that mother and child can individually regulate their warming needs
Ideal combination of high-tech and eco-friendly
- 100% organic cotton
- Environmentally friendly, breathable PU membrane (PFOS/PFOA-free)
- Recycled Polyester
- Wind and weather resilient, with 7,000 mm water column
- High wearing comfort thanks to innovative lining: very warm, yet surprisingly light
- FC-free, skin and environmentally friendly water repellent coating (Bionic Finish® Eco)
Organic Through and Through
Within the mamalila sustainably orientated collection, the new short coat is the absolute eco-product. The light outer coat is inside and outside 100% organic cotton, supplemented by an environmentally friendly PU membrane (PFOA/PFOS-free), it also sports a Bionic-Finish®Eco FC-free impregnation. In addition, the button-in quilted lining made from recycled polyester, has an FC-free impregnation on the hood.
- Outer coat: 3 layer laminate with environmentally friendly PU membrane, outer and inner layers 100% organic cotton
- Quilted lining: outer shell is recycled polyester, filling is polyester
- Water column: 7.000 mm
- FC-free coating
- PFOS-/PFOA-free membrane
The organic cotton ensures high wearing comfort, while at the same time the breathable PU membrane makes the urban coat wind and weather resilient. On cooler days, the light but plush warm quilted lining can be buttoned in, containing 25% more padding on the body as on the arms, to ensure the babywearing mum more freedom of movement.
- The short coat can be washed at 30° on a gentle cycle, please use normal fine detergent and no fabric softener.
- After four to five washes, the outer coat should be treated with an FC-free impregnation. We recommend Cotton proof by Nikwax, which will also refresh the overall appearance of the coat.
One Coat for All Seasons
The short coat is designed as a versatile all year rounder: thanks to the detachable quilted lining, it can be worn both as a light summer coat and as a cozy winter companion; due to the innovative polyester filling the coat is surprisingly lightweight. The lining is buttoned in as needed, with additional tabs at the collar and cuffs to connect it to the outercoat. Also the large hood for the mother, ensuring warm ears on a cold day, is attached to the lining and therefore does not distract from the overall impression of a light spring coat.
Thoughtful Design: Baby Insert with Removable Lining
When babywearing with jacket you have a small oven on your chest or back. The oven itself is on the one hand not in motion and on the other hand only warmed from the front, and can therefore feel the cold on its back, even while the babywearing parent remains warm. The babywearing insert of the short coat therefore has a removable quilted lining, like the coat itself, so that the mother and child can individually regulate their respective heat requirements.
Sustainable and responsible
Sustainability is of key importance to mamalila when producing clothing, and the short coat for babywearing, with its 100% organic cotton outer coat and recycled polyester quilted lining, is a prime example. In addition, the environmentally friendly PU membrane and FC-free coating help to reduce the accumulation of harmful fluorocarbons in the environment, but also in humans and animals.