The Prima has been a classic design since Didymos was first founded in 1972. Prima is a complex weave that features fine and graphic patterns. The pattern is the same on both fabric sides but with the colours reversed. The fabrics are particularly soft and fluffy to the touch and have a very good diagonal stretch that provides incredible moldability when wearing. The nature of the weave is a more open weave which allows for optimal air flow circulation and breathability without compromising strength and durability. The pattern has been produced in a vast array of colour combinations, weights and fibre blends over the years. There is something for everyone’s tastes in this timeless pattern that is one of the trademarks of modern babywearing.
The collection offers both standard line and limited edition colourways, and are suitable for newborns to preschoolers. The openness of the weave does make it more prone to pulls so some care must be taken but is not a huge concern.
DIDYMOS Woven Baby Wraps include illustrated, easy-to-follow instructions for various ways of tying and carrying.
- For newborn to preschool.
- Very versatile with UNLIMITED tying possibilities.
- Front, hip and back carries.
- Use for skin to skin contact.
- Custom fit each time.
- Fully adjustable so one carrier can be shared between different wearer.
- Supports baby in an ergonomic, anatomically-correct position.
- Distributes weight over both shoulders. Perfect for people with back and shoulder problems.
- Suited for casual and longer wearing periods of time.
- Beautiful designs and colours, all woven from organic fibres.
- Tested to EU and North American ASTM standards.
Are you ready to get started with a woven wrap?
Check out our other helpful articles that are sure to help in getting started with a DIDYMOS woven wrap.
DIDYMOS Woven Wraps are...
- Purposefully woven on special looms for the sole purpose of babywearing.
- Are made from organic cotton (and other plant materials such as linen and hemp) and/or ethically-sourced animal fibres.
- Woven with a diagonal stretch that creates an elasticity in the fabric allowing for the fabric to easily mould to the wearer and baby providing optimal comfort and support.
- Thought to be the most versatile babywearing option in terms of baby carriers since one size will fit all stages of baby development, and many tying variations are available.DIDYMOS woven wraps offer a custom fit for every person regardless of their shape and size. They can be used right from the newborn baby stage all the way up to preschool age. In fact, they are tested to 310 Kg so your baby cannot outgrow your wrap!
- There are a vast number of carries one can tie with a woven wrap, including front carries, hip carries AND back carries, with one-shoulder and two-shoulder options. There is something for everyone!
- Most two-shoulder carries allow the weight of the child to be distributed evenly from shoulders to hips and one is able to wear even heavy children for long periods of time COMFORTABLY!