The Wobbel Board finds its origin in the Waldorf schools. It is a wooden household accessory that moves young and old. The Wobbel stimulates balance and strength during play and use. In a playful way, but very efficiently, it supports physical awareness and balance. When using it as a training device, specific muscle groups can be isolated, while other exercises train big muscle groups. This goes for (young) children, adults and even the elderly.
The Wobbel works like a magnet for children offering many possibilities for play. The Wobbel is meant not only for exuberant and playful games, but also for quiet moments and individual play. The board can be a bridge, a fort, a foundation for a rainbow tower, and countless other imaginative things! It is also an ideal step for the kitchen, so children can wash their own hands without help and bake cookies of course.
The Wobbel is made from sustainably harvested European beech wood (FSC) which is pressed and finished with water-based lacquers and stains. A sturdy, beautifully handcrafted beech wood rocking balance board, a seat, a safe haven, a bridge, a house, a step, a slide, a yoga aid, a fort, or a dinosaur!! It can be anything you want it to be!!! Children instinctively know what to do with them! Wobbel encourages active imaginative play. It builds strength and balance as well as creativity – for all ages.
Made with many layers of the best European beech wood (FSC), which are stacked and pressed under high pressure, the Wobbel has a uniquely designed curve. Because of its shape and looks, the Wobbel is a toy that does not need to be put away after playing with it. It looks great in every living room. It is designed for indoor use, but can be used outside with sufficient care.
The standard Wobbel and felt-finished version are designed and CE certified for children of 3 years and older, but is also suitable for older children and adults up to 200 kilograms. Make sure your child always uses the Wobbel under adult supervision.
Points to Consider…
- Let children get used to the Wobbel slowly and help them by giving them a hand or two. Make clear what can and can’t be done with it.
- Never wear socks or smooth shoes. Bare feet or non-slip shoes prevent accidents. Take care with fingers along the edges.
- Make sure the is at least 2 meters of free space around the Wobbel (including other children). Place the Wobbel on a level surface.
- The Wobbel is designed for indoor use. It can be used outdoors, but will wear quicker. Never leave the Wobbel outside because water and moisture will eventually damage the wood, paint, and/or felt.
- For vulnerable surfaces or floors that are not scratch-resistant use a mat, carpet or rug underneath the Wobbel.
- Hard and or irregular floors can damage the Wobbel board – including tile. Moving or dragging the Wobbel over these kind of floors with the concave side up the edges could get damaged.
- It is advised to clean the Wobbel with a damp cloth, combined with a mild detergent if necessary. It is important to wipe it with a dry cloth after cleaning. The Wobbel does not need any special maintenance.
- Users that are or were under the care of a physical therapist for their musculoskeletal system are advised to contact that therapist for proper use of the Wobbel.
The Wobbel is CE certified according DIRECTIVE 2009/48/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 18 June 2009 on the safety of toys and conforms to ASTM testing standards.